Vegan Journal

Days 1-10

Day 1
Instant brain fog decrease
I am way hungrier than I expected
Note to self: keep abundant snacks handy
Made some tasty vegan Asian-style dinner with lots of veggies, and salmon for the hubbs

Day 2
No brain fog
Snacked and ate a ton during the day
Feeling great
Weird poop

Day 3
Forgot snacks (crap!)
Still able to focus without any brain fog, even though I am hungry
Ate a huge lunch
Feeling amazing again 
Still weird poop

Days 4-6
Eating abundantly
Much more on top of packing snacks, eating often, and cooking a plant-based variety
My tummy is flatter, but I weigh the same (consistently 168 lbs)
I think I could live like this


Days 7-10

Oh my goodness. I feel disgusting. Headaches are back.
PMS-ing so my face is major breaking out
Random nausea ruined a whole day planned for the ministry
Also, I definitely had some cheese when we went out to eat with friends

*Notes to someone considering a cleanse, apparently my experiences on days 7-10 are quite normal. Clean eating lets your cells breathe, and they can finally release the build-up of toxins that have been stored up. This can cause: headaches, breakouts, mucus, nausea, and other flu-like symptoms. It will last a few days to a week. But once you're through the nasty bit, you feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of you. In the meantime, drink lots of water, be nice to yourself, use some essential oils for the headaches and nausea, keep the skincare game strong. And you can get through this!

Days 11-20

Days 11-12
Still feeling fairly gross, but the headaches are gone
Note to self: be mindful of cooking with the perishable produce first (Learned that the hard way. My poor portobello mushrooms.)
Poop is in a healthy place now

Days 12-18
I feel light and airy!
No headaches.
Lots of good food.
Lots of fruit smoothies with almond or cashew milk, no added sweetness. Delish.

Days 19-20
I had two chicken wings. I'm sorry. Lesson learned though because I didn't even enjoy them.
I also had cheese.
Home stretch coming up, gotta keep consistent to reap full benefits

*Notes: keep a variety of snacks handy so you don't get temped to cheat! Nuts, avocado toast, vegan chocolate, and cuties/oranges are all winners.

Days 21+

Day 21
Feeling good, staying on top of this!
Wish I wouldn't have cheated on day 19, but I am gonna go out with a bang

Day 22
Coffee and vegan chocolate this morning.
Feeling pretty gooooood. Despite my period, my tummy is flat, and my face is clearing up. No headaches in five-ish days.

Days 23-30
I feel fabulous. My body is light, my mind is clear, my thoughts are happy. 
Thank you for being on this journey with me.



xo

Comments

Popular Posts