30 Day Vegan - Why Though?

Internal Balance

Within all of us, we find the internal-pulls toward our daily choices. Some good (taking our vitamins.) Some, eh, not so good (pumpkin pie addictions). You know. But we're all out here just trying to be balanced.

On a personal level, I grew up with a very unique set of parents. I had a father who thrived off of the outdoors, and hunted to provide food for his family. And my then-vegetarian mother who loved all things natural. One of my favorite memories is of her is taking me to the health food store forty-five minutes away. Where they provided mini-carts for the mini-humans. And it was heaven.

Those beautiful people have instilled things in me that will be here forever. And just one of those things, is a sincere desire to be connected, in one way or another, to the food that I eat.

What past experiences motivate your healthy-eating choices?

But, Vegan?

Veganism has taken social media by storm. But this lifestyle change is so much more than a trend. Over the past months, I've been picking the minds of some pretty amazing people. People who eat an abundant plant-based diet, and feel fabulous.

Needless to say, this has been inspiring for me on so many levels. And I cannot wait to share with you some of their thoughts and tips! (In another post.)

For me, I knew it was time to do 30 Day Vegan because my body was telling me it was time. When your body speaks, listen. I had been experiencing frequent headaches, migraines, brain fog, and breakouts. I just didn't feel good. And based on what I had been feeding my body, diet had to be a huge part of the problem.

Cleansing is an instant way to get your body's health back on track. Out with the bad, in with the good.


By feeding myself an abundant plant-based diet, I hope to accomplish the following:
- rid myself of the build-up of toxins inside
- narrow down my headache/migraine triggers 
- clearer skin
- clearer mind
- become a more mindful eater
- become more intentional 
- break bad, fast-food habits
- have a slightly flatter tummy (?)

Being vegan for the duration of my cleanse is my most appealing option. It is a challenge. It is minimal in terms of food categories, but abundant in options. And I am thrilled to be on this journey with all of you. The goal: a healthier body and mind, and a balanced mindset.

Disclaimers:

1.    Of course, there's a healthy way and a not healthy way to eat, whatever your choice of diet. I don't expect perfection of myself. But I do expect to give it my best. I'll keep nourished, but I can't say a slip-up won't happen. Fries will definitely happen.
2.    I am not going 100% vegan forever. I admire those who do, for their variety of reasons. But again, we all have to decide what lifestyle choices are healthy for us physically, mentally, and emotionally.

xo

Comments

Popular Posts